What are Google Career Certificates?
Google Career Certificates are a set of online certificates that can be earned in 6 to 8 months, that provide access to entry-level job opportunities in IT support, project management, user experience design, and data analysis. They are developed by Google and offered through Coursera in partnership with the Get Iowa Back to Work Fund. GoogleCareerCertificates are designed to provide job seekers with real world skills and measurable career outcomes for high-growth job industries, regardless of experience or educational background.
Benefits of Google Career Certificates
Google Career Certificates provides job seekers with the skills and credentials needed to pursue employment in a growing range of tech-related jobs. The program is designed for those who may have limited experience or educational background, yet have the drive to learn and excel in technology. Here are some of the benefits of earning a Google Career Certificate:
- Opportunity to access career pathways in IT Support, Project Management, User Experience Design, and Data Analysis.
- Achieve a credential that is industry-recognized and backed by Google.
- Prepare for a job in a competitive job market.
- Gain the skills needed to develop and expand one’s career.
- Develop a strong portfolio of work.
How to Earn a Google Career Certificate
Earning a Google Career Certificate is as straightforward as following these steps:
- Create a Coursera account. To gain access to the certificates , sign up for a Coursera account and enroll in the program.
- Complete the relevant courses. In each certificate program, complete the courses and associated projects that comprise the program.
- Take the final assessment. The final assessment tests your knowledge of the material covered in the program.
- Receive the certificate. Upon successful completion of the program, Coursera will mail you the certificate.
In addition to completing the program, it may be beneficial to join industry groups or reach out to mentors who are in the job market for which you are applying. These activities can help build professional networks and increase your chances of landing a job.
Google Career Certificates are designed to meet the needs of job seekers who are interested in finding opportunities in tech fields, regardless of educational background or experience. With the skills and credentials developed through these programs, job seekers may be able to pursue high-growth jobs and build rewarding career pathways.