How to Get The Most Out of a Career Fair
Attending a career fair is a fantastic opportunity for potential employers to meet potential job seekers. It’s a great way to get your foot in the door, learn about what’s available and make a positive impression on employers. Here are some tips to help you maximize your career fair experience:
- Bring a copy of your resume. Not all employers will have a copy of your resume, so make sure you come prepared. Be sure your resume is current, written well and easy to read.
- Research the companies. Before you go, do you some research on the companies that will be in attendance. Take a few minutes to look up their websites, read press releases and check out their job postings.
- Be professional. Dress in business attire and practice making a brief introduction and explaining why you’re interested in the company.
- Bring a notepad and pen. Taking notes is a great way to stay organized and help you remember the key details of each encounter with employers.
- Take the initiative. Strike up a conversation with an employer and tell them a little bit about yourself and why you think you’d make a great fit for their organization.
- Ask questions. Inquire about the company’s future plans and goals, what their biggest challenges are and what opportunities are available.
- Follow-up. Before leaving, be sure to get a business card from every employer and send a follow-up message after the job fair. This will help keep you top of mind with entire employers.
Overall, a career fair is a great way for professionals to make a great first impression and find new connections. Stay organized, be prepared and make sure the employers remember you. Good luck!