Is Oil & Gas Production a Good Career Path?
Oil & gas production is a profession with a great diversity of challenging roles, from field operator jobs and engineering positions to industry management and business roles. It is a growing field, with plenty of opportunities to gain experience and climb the corporate ladder. However, it is also a highly technical and potentially dangerous career and it is advisable to research the pros and cons before embarking on a career in production.
- High Salaries: Salaries for production professionals vary depending on the type of job and the company, but in general the salary is quite good.
- Employment Opportunities: With the continued demand for oil & gas in the current market, there are plenty of opportunities available.
- A Career Path: Production jobs provide an excellent career path, since there is plenty of room to grow in terms of experience and pay.
- Dangerous Work Environments: As with any job dealing with petroleum, there is a risk of hazardous material and extreme conditions. Safety protocols must be strictly followed.
- Highly Technical: Many production jobs require specialized skills, knowledge and training. It is important to be able to learn quickly.
- Job Stability: The oil & gas industry is subject to a great deal of fluctuation, which can be a source of job instability.
Overall, oil & gas production is an exciting and potentially lucrative career path, but it is also important to be aware of the potential risks involved. Researching the industry and gaining experience in production can be a great way to prepare for a long and successful career in this field.