Is MLOps a Good Career?
MLOps (Machine Learning Operations) is a rapidly growing niche within the tech industry. It brings together the fields of Machine Learning and DevOps, allowing organizations to automate their ML processes. As the demand for MLOps increases, so does the interest in pursuing a career in the field. So, is MLOps a good career choice?
What Does an MLOps Engineer Do?
A MLOps Engineer is responsible for managing the life-cycle of Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications. This includes:
- Integrating ML pipelines into existing systems and frameworks
- Creating CI / CD pipelines to deploy ML models
- Monitoring ML performance and accuracy
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving issues
Benefits of Pursuing an MLOps Career
- High Demand – The demand for MLOps engineers is expected to increase in the near future. This is due to the growth of ML, AI, and automated systems in the technology industry.
- High Pay – According to Glassdoor, the average salary for an MLOps engineer is over $95,000 USD per year.
- Diverse Skills – MLOps requires a mix of technical skills from various fields, such as software engineering, data science, machine learning, and DevOps.
- Opportunities to Learn – MLOps engineers have the opportunity to continuously learn new technologies and stay up-to-date with the latest trends.
In conclusion, MLOps is an emerging and exciting field with lots of potential for career growth. It offers a high demand, high pay, and the opportunity to learn new skills. If you are looking for a career in the tech industry, then MLOps may be a good choice.