Jump Into Music Career
Steps to Get Started
- Make Connections – Attend local shows, events, clubs and music festivals to learn more about the music scene and to network with people.
- Study Music Theory – Take time to learn musical theory and use those fundamentals to improve your playing and composition.
- Gain Exposure – Put together some music and post it online or in local media to gain recognition. Utilize social media platforms to build up a following.
- Perform Live – After you have enough material, start performing live. Look for local venues or house concerts and make sure to promote your shows.
- Create Music Videos – Work on putting together music videos. This is an amazing way to reach a wider audience and spread your music faster.
- Find the Right Team – Look for a team of musicians that you could collaborate with or look for producers, marketers, and other professionals that can help.
Submitting your music to music libraries is one of the best ways to get your music used for media such as video games, commercials, movies, and more. Here are some things to keep in mind when submitting music to music libraries:
- Research – Research the music libraries and make sure they are the right fit for you.
- Pitch – Make sure to pitch your music in the right way.
- Reviews – Use feedback from other customers and reviews to help you decide.
- Price – Set an appropriate price for your music.
Getting started in the music business is no easy task. But if you work hard, network with people, and make sure your music is heard, you can make a career out of it.