How to Send a Follow Up Email After a Career Fair
Attending a career fair can be a great way to gain exposure and build your professional network. The best way to maximize the value of a career fair is to follow up with everyone you meet. Writing a follow up email after a career fair is an important step that could help open the door for potential job opportunities or other career-related opportunities.
Step-by-Step Guide for Crafting a Follow Up Email
- Create a Professional Email: Start off your email by creating a professional email address. This should include your name, not a nickname. Additionally, stay away from silly emails like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thank the Recipient: Start your email by thanking the recipient for taking the time to speak with you at the career fair. Everyone appreciates a polite and personable approach.
- Be Specific: Utilize specific details from your conversation such as the position you discussed or their insights on the industry.
- Include Relevant Information: Include any relevant information such as links to your portfolio or social media accounts.
- Evaluate Your Email: Make sure to preview your email and double check for any spelling or grammar mistakes before you hit “send.”
- Conclude Your Email: End your email by wishing the recipient a great day and expressing your appreciation for their time.
By following these steps and crafting a thoughtful follow up email, you will be showing employers that you are committed and engaging. It also may increase your chances of receiving a follow up from the employer. Good luck!