Michael Jackson’s Musical Career
Michael Jackson started his music career at an incredibly young age. Despite being just six years old, he performed with his older brothers as part of the Jackson 5 group.
Early Career (1963-1979)
1963: In 1963, when Michael was just five years old, he and his brothers started performing as the Jackson 5.
1969: In 1969, the Jackson 5 released their first album, Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5.
1972: Their follow-up album, Lookin’ Through The Windows, was released in 1972 when Michael was thirteen years old.
1979: In 1979, Michael released his first solo album, Off the Wall, at the age of eighteen.
Later Career (1980-2009)
Michael went on to have a successful solo career, releasing several classic albums:
- Thriller (1982): Released when Michael was 21, and still his most successful album to this day.
- Bad (1987): Released when Michael was 25, and reached number 1 in every country it was released in.
- Dangerous (1991): Released when Michael was 29, it sold 20 million copies worldwide.
- HIStory (1995): Released when Michael was 32, it was the biggest-selling double album of all time.
- Invincible (2001): Released when Michael was 38, and was his first studio album in nearly 8 years.
Michael Jackson’s musical career spanned nearly five decades and countless chart-topping hits. He started his career when he was just six years old and went on to become one of the most iconic musicians of all time.