Canelo Alvarez – The Boxer Who Has Raked in Millions
Canelo Alvarez, born Saul Alvarez Barragán in Guadalajara, Mexico, is a professional boxer who competes in the middleweight and super middleweight divisions. The 31-year-old ranks among the best-paid boxers in the world, with a net worth estimated at an astonishing $300 million.
Canelo’s career earnings are absolutely huge:
- In his debut year, 2015, he earned an incredible $6 million.
- For his fight against Sergey Kovalev in 2019, he was paid $30 million.
- In 2021, his fight against Billy Joe Saunders has earned him $35 million.
- The richest deal of his career came in 2018 when he signed a five-year, 11-fight deal with streaming platform DAZN, estimated to be worth $365 million.
Canelo has had some memorable fights throughout his career. Notable wins include:
- Daniel Jacobs (unified world middleweight titles, 2019).
- Rocky Fielding (WBA world super middleweight title, 2018).
- Gennady Golovkin (middleweight title rematch, 2018).
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (WBC world middleweight title, 2017).
Canelo Alvarez is an undisputed champion in the boxing world. His career earnings have shot up to an incredible $407 million, thanks to his successful fights and unbelievable deals. It won’t be long before he’s surpassed the $500 million mark.