How Much Does it Cost to Wrap a Car?
If you’re looking to change the look of your car, wrapping it may be the best thing. Wrapping a car is the process of applying a special vinyl material that adheres to the car’s surface and can be used to change the colour and style of your car completely. But how much does it cost?
Is Car Wrapping Expensive?
Wrapping a car is not as expensive as you might think – typically the cost of a car wrap will range from £800-£3000 depending on the car size and complexity of the wrap design. The width of the film and type of car will also be taken into account when calculating the total cost.
Average Prices of Car Wrapping
On average, a full car wrap will cost between £1,400-2,000. The cost of wrapping a hatchback or saloon car for example will be slightly cheaper than hypercars and SUV’s due to the additional bodywork of the larger vehicles.
Cost of Different Vinyl Wraps
The cost of wrapping a car will also vary depending on the type of wrap being applied:
- Chrome Wrap: Prices for a chrome wrap are usually the highest due to the difficultly of application and the premium nature of the vinyl. Prices for a chrome wrap can range from £2,000-2,800.
- Gloss Wrap: A gloss wrap can cost anywhere from £800-1,400. This type of wrap is the most popular due to its ability to make the car look new and vibrant.
- Matte Wrap: Matte wraps are becoming increasingly popular due to their modern look and are normally priced between £1,400-2,600.
In addition to the cost of wrapping your car, there may be some additional costs such as:
- Installation costs: Depending on the size and complexity of the car wrap, professional installers may charge an hourly fee.
- Vehicle preparation costs: If the car needs additional cleaning or removal of old graphics, these services will incur an extra cost.
Wrapping a car is an ideal way to not only give it a new look, but also protect it from the elements. Before you decide to wrap your car, make sure to calculate the total cost to ensure that it is within your budget.