CTE Career Clusters Offered in Mississippi
Mississippi provides students many avenues of exploration with its Career Technical Education (CTE) Clusters program. These clusters help prepare students with particular skill sets to succeed in their future careers. There are a total of sixteen clusters offered throughout the state to meet the diverse interests of Mississippi’s students.
The 16 CTE clusters offered in Mississippi:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
- Business, Management and Administration
- Education and Training
- Government and Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety and Security
- Marketing, Sales and Services
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics.
Students who participate in Mississippi’s CTE Clusters program gain access to career exploration activities and job-readiness workshops. This program encourages students to pursue college and career pathways, so they experience hands-on educational opportunities that prepare them for their future.
The role of the career clusters followed in Mississippi is to improve competency-based instruction, curriculum development and work-based learning activities. They ensure that student learning objectives are met, and that desired skills and knowledge are acquired.
Mississippi offers sixteen CTE career clusters to its students, allowing them to explore their interests and develop the skills necessary for success after graduation.