How Did Irene Cara Die?
Irene Cara was an iconic actress, singer, and songwriter best known for her role in the hit movie “Fame” (1980). She also won a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance in 1983 for her song “What a Feeling”. Sadly, Irene Cara passed away on August 8th, 2020 at the age of 63.
Cause of Death
Irene Cara’s cause of death has not been officially announced yet. However, a few sources have reported that she passed away due to complications from a stroke, which she had experienced in April 2020.
Irene Cara had a long and successful career in both acting and music. Some of her career highlights include:
- Starring in the popular movies “Fame” and “Sparkle” (2012)
- Winning a Young Artist Award for Best Young Female Superstar in a Motion Picture for “Fame” (1981)
- Doing voice-over work for numerous animated films and television shows, such as “The Adventure of TinTin”
- Winning a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for “What a Feeling” (1983)
- Writing and performing the theme songs for “Fame” and “Sparkle”
Irene Cara will be remembered for her incredible contributions to the world of film and music. Her death is a tremendous loss and she will be greatly missed.